Please contact us prior to registering. House of Dezign reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the class without notice if not enough registrations are received.
Enjoy a class with your child or teen at our Dezign with Me class where you can learn and explore your creativity to the next level. In this 2 hour power-packed class, we teach you the basic building blocks of sewing and inspire you to follow your creativity!
How do you get good at sewing?
There’s only one way to be good at any task, practice as much as you can. Always start from very basic things, and move to a more complex one, once you grip the previous one. Look for guidance if you require, join classes at the very beginning age, there are always sewing camp in NJ that you can enroll yourself for. If you are a teen, there are teen sewing classes you can get guidance at. It’s all about how you make yourself better at it through practice.
How can I make my sewing more professional?
To make your sewing look more professional and amazing here are some tips that are worth it.
1. Make use of wide elastic and casings to prevent twisting.
2. Create wide hems and cuffs to make your garment look more expensive.
3. Pressing everything sets the stitches and creates a structure that makes the whole garment look polished.
4. Finishing the seam allowances is a key to look your sewing more professional.
5. Understitch the collars and facing.
6. Stay stitching helps curved edges to retain their shape.
Why is it important to learn the basic hand sewing stitches?
Before the sewing machine, garment-making was done exclusively by hand. If you know the basics of hand sewing then it’s good for you only. To get an idea of how to sew using the hand you can join new jersey sewing classes, when got stuck somewhere and the only option to sew is by hand, it works there.